If you can’t find the information you need,
or you need more help, contact our Support Team.
FFWD (pronounced, “fast-forward”) is a first-of-its-kind platform where you can ffwd past the profile pics and get straight to a real-time, real-life portrait of real people. So you fall for a person, not a picture.
On FFWD, it all starts with you making a “Scene”, your unique in-app video profile. The Scene is an unfiltered, unedited, real-life 3-D portrait of the real you. Just record your answers to a few questions of your choice and start matching with the sparks that only fly when you’re being yourself in a live conversation.
Yes! FFWD’s basic features are absolutely free for everyone!
We also offer access to additional features to members who sign up for our “SuperFFWD” premium service. Read more about the features offered under SuperFFWD here.
Our beta members have access to all the SuperFFWD features for free!
You have to be at least 18 years old to use FFWD.
We’re currently beta testing our app in the New York City region only.
But we plan to expand to other U.S. cities soon so please keep your eyes and ears open for our launch in your city!
FFWD is an app-only platform.
FFWD can be downloaded for iOS in the Apple App Store. FFWD currently supports iOS 12 and later, as well as Android 6.0 and later. We're working hard on bringing the Android version to the Google Play Store!
You can sign up for an account in one of three ways:
- Phone Number
- Apple Sign-In
Using Facebook will speed up the sign-up process because we’ll import your name, age, e-mail and a cover photo (you can always change the photo we pre-select). It also helps confirm that your basic profile info is genuine and reliable.
Absolutely! We’re committed to being inclusive and respectful of everyone’s gender identity/neutrality.
How you identify is valid and if your gender is not represented in our list, please send a note to our Support Team with your suggestion. We’ll do our best to add it in the next version of the app.
Yes, everyone on FFWD is required to record a Scene before they can like and match with anyone. This levels the playing field for everyone on FFWD.
Plus, the Scene helps your potential matches see the multi-dimensional, real-life version of you. So you can feel confident that they fall for you and not your pictures!
We only ask you for one photo: a cover for your Scene. We believe that the Scene tells much more about you than photos. You can always exchange those fun travel photos once you match!
- Tap the person icon on the bottom tab bar to access your profile.
- Tap “Edit Scene & Cover”.
- Select the Cover Photo tab, tap the "Edit Cover" button at the bottom of your photo, and you’ll get a prompt to add a different photo.
Your Scene needs a cover so there is no way to completely delete the photo but you can change it at any time.
We have optimized uploading so that your photo fills the space. We suggest that you upload your photo in portrait orientation for best results. If you upload a photo in landscape orientation, it's possible that the sides will be cropped from view.
There are two reasons why your cover may not have been approved:
- Your face is not clearly visible. Having your face clearly visible encourages honesty and transparency. If the image is too small (for example, when there are many people in the photo), your face is obscured, or there are too many filters, your cover may fail moderation.
- Your cover contains “Prohibited Content” in violation of our Community Guidelines. The list of “Prohibited Content” includes pornographic or lewd content, an unaccompanied child, violence and firearms. Please refer to our Community Guidelines for a complete list of “Prohibited Content”.
If your photo wasn’t approved, you’ll have to change it in order for your profile to be visible and for you to like and match with anyone.
No, but the more we know about you, the better we can match you. You can choose to have some of this info not be visible to others by tapping the eye icon, but it can still help us with matching.
- Tap the person icon on the bottom bar to access your profile.
- Tap the cover in the middle of the screen.
You can't preview your profile if your Scene and/or cover photo failed our moderation or you’ve been suspended for violating our Community Guidelines.
- Tap the person icon on the bottom tab bar to access your profile.
- Select which portion of your profile you would like to change: the Scene and/or the cover photo or Personal Info.
Yes, we need location permission – at least while the app is in use – in order to be able to view potential matches in your area. We don’t track or share your exact location.
No, we're a location-based platform so we need location permission while the app is in use for you to browse potential matches in your area. If at any point you turn off your location, you can still interact with your existing matches.
- Open your device settings.
- Scroll down and select FFWD.
- Find the “Location” option.
- Select “While Using the App” or “Always”.
- Open your device settings.
- Scroll down and select “Personal”.
- Find the “Location Services” icon.
- Toggle the option from “off” to “on”.
The Scene is a unique in-app video profile for your unique, authentic self. It’s designed to show the real you!
Watching a Scene is like being on a mini first date, so when you like each other, you can FFWD straight to the second date! Which is great, ‘cause second dates are way less awkward than the first.
Your Scene is your profile, it’s your opportunity to show the real you to your potential matches. It creates a more 3-D portrait so that other members can get a glimpse at the real you.
Yes! The Scene is a great equalizer on FFWD: everyone has to make their Scene in order to like or match with anyone.
Recording your Scene is the last step of onboarding. It consists of 5 fun and light questions to get to know you better, with lots of options to choose from!
Just record your answers and start matching with the spark that only comes out when you’re being yourself in a live conversation.
So tap record and just be you!
You have 20 seconds to answer each of your questions.
No. The Scene has to be recorded on our platform. This ensures that each member can feel confident that they get to see an accurate and real-time depiction of their potential match.
No, but you can re-record the Scene as much as you like.
Editing can distort reality and we would like to show and celebrate the real you – because the real you is the most awesome!
Also, because the Scene can’t be edited, each member can feel confident that they get to see an accurate depiction of their potential match.
No. Filters tend to distort reality and we want to show and celebrate the real you – because the real you is the most awesome!
Also, by eliminating filters, each member can feel confident that they get to see an accurate depiction of their potential match.
Yes! You can re-record any question as much as you like, until you feel it's just right. Though genuine answers work best.
During onboarding, you can re-record the individual Scene questions in two ways:
- After you answer the specific question, tap the "Redo" button to re-record that same question or you can also select a different question option before you re-record.
- After you record the entire Scene, on the “Check out your Scene” screen, tap play and then the "Redo Question" button in the middle of the specific question you want to re-record. You’ll be taken back to that question to re-record. You can re-record the same question or select a different question to answer.
After onboarding, you can also re-record the individual Scene questions. Simply tap the person icon on the bottom tab bar to access your profile and select “Edit Scene & Cover”. On the Scene tab, tap play and then the "Redo Question" button at the top the specific question you want to re-record.
- Currently, you can only re-record the entire Scene by re-recording each individual question. During onboarding, after you answer all the questions and are on the “Check out your Scene” screen, tap the "Redo Question" button on top of the question to re-record that question and repeat the same step for each question you wish to re-record.
- After onboarding, tap the person icon on the bottom tab bar to go to your profile. Then tap “Edit Scene & Cover”. On the Scene tab, press play & tap the "Redo Question" button on top of the question to re-record that question and repeat the same step for each question you wish to re-record.
You can preview your Scene after you’ve finished answering all the questions. Once you’re done recording (and added your cover), you’ll be taken to the “Check out your Scene” screen. Just tap the “play” button and check out your masterpiece!
After onboarding, you can preview your Scene by tapping the person icon on the bottom of the screen and then clicking on the photo in the middle.
When you view the Scene, the questions will automatically move from one to the next. You can also skip forward to the next answer by tapping on the right side of the screen, back to the prior answer by tapping on the left side of the screen, and press and hold the screen to pause the Scene.
We want to promote a safe and welcoming environment on FFWD, one that fosters meaningful connections among our FFWD crew. To help us meet these goals, we have put in place certain moderation rules, which follow our Community Guidelines. Here are some of these rules:
- Each Scene answer must clearly show your face. If you’re too far away from your phone or your face is obscured as you’re recording, this can result in the Scene failing the moderation.
- Your Scene can’t contain pornographic or lewd content.
- Your Scene can’t contain violence or firearms.
Please refer to our Community Guidelines for a complete list of “Prohibited Content”.
No. You only have to re-record those Scene answers that failed our moderation. Check out how to re-record individual questions.
Yes. The Scene questions are designed to help our members show their true self. If you have a question that you would like to answer and would like to see your potential matches answer, please pass it along to our Support Team. And we may include your questions in the next version.
Matching & Chatting
There are two ways to match with someone:
- The Lookbook, where you can view your potential matches one by one. To access the Lookbook, tap on the FFWD icon in the middle of your bottom tab bar. If you like a person, tap the heart circle below their Scene. If they already like you, you’ll get a pop-up that you’ve matched with them (and you can start chatting right away). If they like you back later, you’ll see them show up in your Matches (in your Chats screen), where you can start chatting. Make sure your push notifications are on so that we can tell you about new likes and matches right away!
- The Fanbase, where you can see everyone who already liked you, your Fans. You can access your Fanbase on the top left of your Chats screen, which you can access by tapping the chat icon on the bottom tab bar. If you want to match with a Fan, tap the heart circle and their profile will move to your Matches, where you can start chatting.
Your matches are located on the top right of the Chats screen under the label “Matches”. You can view all the members you’ve matched with by scrolling to the left. Timed-out matches, which are faded, will be displayed at the end of your list. Start chatting with your matches by tapping on their picture.
Match Preferences are a set of criteria that help you customize your potential matches (age, height, distance, religion, etc.).
When you first sign-up, we set basic parameters with respect to age and distance of your potential matches, but you can adjust these and other Match Preferences at any time.
Tap the person icon on the bottom tab bar to access your profile and then select “Match Preferences”.
A friendly reminder, while standards are important, if your preferences are very limited, your pool of potential matches may be very small. If you find that you’ve run out of matches, just expand your preferences and unlock many exciting potential matches to preview.
One other thing, if there is something that you would like to know about your matches, they may want to know this about you as well. So consider filling out all your profile info.
Yes. You can see all the people who already liked you (your Fans) and who you’ve not matched with (or who you may have skipped) in your Fanbase. The Fanbase is located on the top left of your Chat screen.
With Fanbase, there is no guesswork because these members already showed their interest! You know it will be a match if you like them back.
Fun fact, your Fans in the Fanbase may be outside of your Match Preferences, so this is a good way to test expanding some of your parameters.
You can only send a message to someone you’ve matched with.
If there is someone extra special and you want to get their attention and tell them that they stand out, you can send them a SuperStar.
No! We want to encourage you to get offline and date in the real world! And in real-world interactions, momentum is key.
If you meet someone who catches your eye, you probably wouldn’t wait a week to contact them. The momentum would be lost.
That’s why we’ve set a 48 hour time limit for either person to contact the other! If neither party makes a move within 48 hours, your match will time out.
Yes! We want to empower everyone equally to make the first move.
We call the initial message you send to your match an Intro. Once you’ve matched, either one of you can send the Intro. You both liked each other’s Scenes so go ahead and make your Intro with confidence!
Yes! We know you’re busy and may not always be able to contact your match within the 48 hour window. That’s why we let each of you reconnect once for 24 hours. One more day for each of you to say hello. Don’t overthink it, just do it.
In the Chats screen, tap on their picture and then tap the “Reconnect” button below their Scene. Remember that you each can only reconnect once. So if you've already reconnected with them, the “Reconnect” button won't be there.
Yes. They will disappear from your Matches 14 days after they timed out unless you reconnect with them or they reconnect with you!
No, but they may appear in your Radar once again and you may get another chance to FFWD. So keep ffwd-ing.
No! We want to incentivize you to get offline and date in the real world! And in real-world interactions, momentum is key.
If you meet someone who seems cute and nice and they’ve contacted you, you probably wouldn’t wait a week to respond.
That’s why we’ve set a 48 hour time limit to respond to an Intro. If you don’t respond within 48 hours, the Intro will time out.
If you need more time to respond, you can reconnect with a match for 24 hours after their Intro timed out. So you’ll have an additional 24 hours to respond to their Intro.
Keep in mind that only the party who was supposed to respond to the Intro can reconnect.
You can reconnect in two ways:
- In the Chats screen, tap the blue button to the right of the Intro.
- Open the specific chat and tap the blue button at the bottom of the screen.
Remember that if you were the one who sent the Intro, only your match can reconnect.
Yes. They will disappear 14 days after they time out unless the party who was supposed to respond reconnects!
An Intro is the first message that you or your match send to the other after you’ve matched. You have 48 hours to send and respond to an Intro.
Once you or your match exchanged initial Intros, you’re now having a Convo (obviously). You have 7 days to take your Convo offline (or at least off the app).
Just like with Intros, Convos have a time limit. We want to incentivize you to get offline and date in the real world! That's why Convos time-out in 7 days. After 7 days, you have to take things off the app or you'll be unmatched.
Just a friendly reminder, even though we think it’s important to ffwd in order to keep the momentum, taking things off the app doesn’t mean you have to meet in-person right away. You can always exchange numbers and speak on the phone or have a virtual date.
If you prefer not to exchange numbers, you can set up a call or chat through one of the chat services, like Zoom or Google Hangouts. Safety first!
We understand that 7 days may not always be enough time for you to be ready to get off the app. If your Convo timed out and you need more time, you and your match can each reconnect for additional 48 hours. But each of you can reconnect only once.
You can reconnect in two ways:
- In the Chats screen, tap the blue button with the arrow on the right side of the Intro.
- Open the chat and tap the blue button with the arrow at the bottom of the screen.
Remember that each of you can reconnect only once. So if you’ve already reconnected with the match before, you can’t reconnect again.
You can’t delete a specific message, but you can delete the entire Intro or Convo. This will not unmatch you but you won’t be able to contact them. If you want to delete the entire Intro or Convo, swipe left on the Intro or Convo and select Delete from the options.
Your match will not be notified that you deleted the Intro or Convo and they can still contact you. If you prefer for them to not see your profile on FFWD, please unmatch them.
A match happens when two persons both like each other.
Fans are members who have already liked your profile (of course they did – you’re awesome!) but you haven’t decided whether you like them back.
A friendly tip: sometimes a fan won’t appear in your Radar because they don’t fit your Match Preferences (e.g. age, distance, height, etc.). If you like what you're seeing on your Radar, we recommend switching up your Match Preferences from time to time, as you may be surprised by how many more great options you may get on your Radar!
The Fanbase is a place where you can see all your Fans, that is everyone who already liked you (and some whom you may have skipped in the Radar).
With the Fanbase, there is no guesswork because these people already showed their interest! You know it will be a match (and you can start chatting) if you like them back.
Fun fact, your fans in the Fanbase may be outside of your Match Preferences and so this is a good way to test expanding some of your match parameters.
Sending a SuperStar confidentially lets a potential match know that you’re *super* interested in them. It’s a good way to tell someone that they stand out and to get their attention.
You can send a SuperStar by tapping the blue star icon below their Scene and they’ll get a message letting them know they received your SuperStar.
This feature in the Radar lets you go back to the most immediate prior Scene you saw and undo your prior action of either liking or disliking them.
You can access Rewind by tapping the blue rewind button on the top left corner of your screen.
Your Rewind button is only activated after you've gone through at least one Scene on the Radar.
SuperFFWD is our premium subscription. While most of FFWD’s features are free, there are a few features that are offered exclusively to SuperFFWD members.
The good news is that our beta members have access to all the SuperFFWD features for free!
Account & Settings
Right now, there isn't a way for you to change the name displayed on the app on your own. However, we would be happy to change it for you!
You can either email our Support Team or through the app, just tap on the person icon at the bottom navigation bar, tap Settings, select tap “Contact Us” and then “I have a question” and let us know that you'd live to change your name on the app and how your name should be displayed on FFWD.
Right now, there isn't a way for you to change your age after you have verified it during onboarding. If you've made a mistake and would like your age-corrected, we would be happy to change it for you!
You can either email our Support Team or through the app, just tap on the person icon at the bottom navigation bar, tap Settings, select tap “Contact Us” and then “I have a question” and let us know that you'd like to change your age on the app and what your age is.
We want to promote a safe and welcoming environment on FFWD, one that fosters meaningful connections among our FFWD crew. To help meet this goal, we have put in place certain moderation rules, which follow our Community Guidelines. Here are some of these rules:
- You must be in the cover photo. Cover without a person is not allowed.
- Your cover needs to have your face clearly visible in it. If the image is too small (for example, when there are many people in the photo), your face is obscured, or there are too many filters, this can result in the photo failing the moderation.
- Your cover can’t be of a child alone, unaccompanied by an adult.
- Your cover can’t contain pornographic or lewd content.
- Your cover can’t contain violence or firearms.
Please refer to our Community Guidelines for a complete list of “Prohibited Content”.
If your cover failed moderation, it will have a red border around it.
- Each Scene answer must have your face clearly visible. If you’re too far away from your phone or your face is obscured as you’re recording, this can result in the Scene answer failing the moderation.
- Your Scene can’t contain pornographic or lewd content.
- Your Scene can’t be of a child alone, unaccompanied by an adult.
- Your Scene can’t contain violence or firearms.
Please refer to our Community Guidelines for a complete list of “Prohibited Content”.
Those questions that failed moderation will be indicated in red dashes. To re-record the flagged portions, tap the pencil icon on the top right corner of the question you need to re-record. You’ll be taken back to the question where you can re-record that question or select a different question.
We hope that you’re deleting the app because you found a meaningful connection – and we’re super excited for you!If you’re unsatisfied for some reason, we would love your feedback and an opportunity to make things right. We’re always looking for ways to improve our members’ experience and take all your feedback seriously. You help us shape FFWD!
If you’re determined to delete your account (cue sad face!), we’ll miss you but we totally understand. Please follow these steps:
- Tap the person icon on the bottom tab bar to get to your profile.
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the “Delete account” button
You’re welcome back anytime!
PLEASE NOTE: As with other platforms, simply removing, uninstalling or deleting the app from your phone will not erase your account entirely. You must follow the steps above to delete your account.
If you've already deleted the app from your phone and need to delete your account entirely, please reach out to our Support Team and we’ll be happy to help you with this!
If you subscribed to SuperFFWD, you’ll need to take the necessary steps with the App Store or Google Play Store to ensure you’re not charged an auto-renewal subscription fee.
If you don't receive a validation code after entering your mobile number, it may be due to one of the following reasons:
- You entered an incorrect number.
- Your mobile carrier is currently blocking some or all text messages and SMS Short Codes (SMS Short Codes are the specific type of text message that we use to send your PIN).
- You’re using a Google Voice number or another secondary messaging service.
- You’re using a prepaid phone plan.
- We are unable to manually validate your mobile number.
What you can do to try to fix the issue:
- Make sure you're using the latest version of the app, verify that you’ve entered your phone number correctly, and try again.
- If you’re not receiving the verification text, please contact your mobile carrier to ensure that “Message Blocking” is disabled.
Please clarify with your carrier that you’re having trouble receiving a PIN via SMS Short Codes.
If you’re having trouble logging in and seeing an error message, the issue may be temporary so please try again later.
If the issue persists, there are a few things you can try:
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection. Try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to determine whether the problem is related to your connection.
- Check the App Store or Google Play Store to be sure that you’ve the latest version of the app installed.
- Delete the app and re-download it. Your account will not be affected if you only delete the app.
Getting back to your original account can be done in a few easy steps:
- Access your profile by tapping on the person icon on the bottom left of your tab bar.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Log Out.”
- Launch the Facebook app and make sure you’re signed-in to the correct account.
- Relaunch the app and select the Facebook icon.
|Your cover photo failed our moderation process||You’ll need to change the photo before your profile can go live|
|Your Scene failed our moderation process||You’ll need to re-record the problematic portions before your profile can go live|
|Your profile has been flagged for having inappropriate content||You’ll need to remove the inappropriate content before your profile can go live|
If you can’t preview your profile but not because of the above issues, please contact our Support Team.
If a match no longer appears in Matches, it’s because they have unmatched you, deleted their account, or been suspended by FFWD. Also, a match will disappear 14 days after it times out unless one of you reconnects prior to that time.
But there are plenty of other potential matches so keep on looking!
A Convo disappears from the Chats 14 days after it times out, unless one of you reconnects prior to that time.
An Intro disappears from the Chats 14 days after it times out, unless the person whose turn it was to respond reconnects prior to that time.
You can reconnect with a timed-out Match only once. If you’re unable to reconnect, it may be because you already reconnected with them. If you wrote an Intro to your match and they haven’t responded within 48 hours, only they can reconnect.
You can reconnect with a match after the Intro timed out only if it was your turn to respond. If you wrote the Intro but your match did not respond within 48 hours, only they can reconnect with you.
You and your match can each reconnect only once after your Convo timed out. If you’re unable to reconnect with a match after your Convo timed out, it’s because you already reconnected with the match after your Convo timed out.
If you try to access their profile and get a pop-up message that the member is no longer available, it’s because the member has unmatched you or deleted their FFWD account.
If you try to access their profile and get a pop-up message that their profile is unavailable, it may be because the member’s profile has been suspended by FFWD for inappropriate content or behavior.
Yes, you can use the Rewind feature to undo a dislike or a like. The Rewind feature is the blue button at the top left of your Radar screen.
We don’t currently have the option to search for specific people. We want you to help you meet and make connections with new people.
We show you potential matches within or close to your current location. Once you’ve gone through all of the people in your area, we will find other members in places nearby. We don't want you to run out of potential matches! Who knows, maybe that great connection is a little further away.
It's not possible to recover a match after you've unmatched with them. To avoid accidentally unmatching, FFWD asks you to verify the reason why you want to unmatch.
There are a couple of ways to improve your chances of finding a match. Most importantly, make sure your Scene shows the best version of you – a little effort will go a long way.
Also, the more potential matches you see, the more matches you’ll get – it is a bit of a numbers game at this stage. To increase the number of your potential matches, try widening your search criteria (age and distance ranges) and removing some of the filters in your Match Preferences to increase the number of your potential matches.
While we’re in beta, we appreciate your patience as we get more members on the platform. Once we grow our member base, you'll be able to see more potential matches.
Also, if you're running out of potential matches, you may have too many filters selected in your Match Preferences. Too many filters will limit the number of members that fit into your search criteria. If you run out of members to preview, try widening your search criteria (age and distance ranges) and removing a few filters to increase the number of your potential matches.
As of right now, we don’t have a daily limit. Regardless, we suggest that you make each selection count – review each Scene thoughtfully, you don’t want to miss that special something in your potential match. The more thoughtful you’re about your likes or dislikes, the more likely this process will lead to meaningful connections.
If a member’s location isn’t on their profile – it’s probably not a technical issue. A location won’t appear if they are not near one of our geographical pinpoints or if they haven’t opened the app for a while.
You may not see fans in your Fanbase — yet! Keep in mind that your Fanbase is constantly updating with your fans.
We don’t have a customer support phone number, but our team is always here to help you! You can contact our Support Team online 24/7 in the following ways:
- On the app, tap the person icon on the bottom tab bar to access your profile, tap on “Settings” and select “Contact Us” and then “I have a question” option.
- Email our Support Team.
Please note we don’t offer support via Instagram or other social media channels. If you see any support phone numbers posted on any website or social media - none of these are affiliated with FFWD.
We encourage you to report bad behavior so that we can make sure that FFWD remains a safe and welcoming place to make honest and lasting connections. If you ever encounter a member who you feel has violated our Community Guidelines, please let us know so that we can take prompt action. This process is anonymous.
There are multiple ways to report someone on FFWD:
- From their profile in the Radar: Tap the three dots on the top right of their profile and choose “Report”. Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments to help our Support Team.
- From your Matches: Tap on the profile of the member you wish to report. Tap the three dots on the top right of their profile and select “Report”. Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments for our Support Team. When you make a report in this manner, you’ll immediately disappear from that member's Matches and they will not be able to view or retrieve your profile.
- From the Fanbase: From your Fanbase, tap on the profile of the member you wish to report. Tap the three dots on the top right of their profile and select “Report”. Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments for our Support Team.
- From the Chats screen: From your Chats screen, swipe left on the message with the member who you wish to report and select “Report”. Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments for our Support Team. When you make a report in this manner, they will immediately disappear from your Intros or Convos and they will not be able to view or retrieve your profile.
- From your messages screen: From your messages screen with the member, tap on the three dots in the top right-hand corner and select “Report”. Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments for our Support Team. When you make a report in this manner, they will immediately disappear from your Intros or Convos and they will not be able to view or retrieve your profile.
All reports are kept completely confidential, so a reported member will never know that you flagged their account.
You can share as much or as little information as you feel comfortable with, but the more information we have (screenshots!), the easier it is for us to support you and take action.
Once we receive the report, our Support Team will review it as soon as possible. Due to privacy guidelines, we can’t always reveal the results of a report, but please know that we take every report seriously and handle each case with care.
We will make sure that neither of you’ll be shown to each other again on the app.
Feel free to reach out to our Support Team if you have additional questions. We’re here for you!
You can unmatch with any match at any time. There are multiple ways to unmatch with someone:
- From your Matches: Tap on the profile of the member you wish to unmatch. Tap the three dots on the top right of their profile and select “Unmatch". Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments for our Support Team. When you unmatch in this manner, you’ll immediately disappear from that member's view and they will not be able to view your profile or reconnect with you.
- From the Chats screen: From the Chats screen, swipe left on the message with the member and select “Unmatch”. Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments for our Support Team. When you unmatch in this manner, they will immediately disappear from your Intros or Convos and they will not be able to view or retrieve your profile.
- From your message screen: Tap on the three dots in the top right-hand corner and select “Unmatch”. Choose one of the report reasons and include any additional comments for our Support Team. When you unmatch in this manner, they will immediately disappear from your Intros or Convos and they will not be able to view or retrieve your profile.
We ask you the reason for unmatching because it gives us – and our algorithm – useful information and gives you a pause to consider whether you really want to unmatch.
These reports are kept completely confidential, so the other member will never know if you flagged their account.
We’ll make sure that neither of you’ll be shown to each other again on the app.
Feel free to reach out to our Support Team if you’ve additional questions. We’re here for you!
At FFWD, our pillars are realness and authenticity. We have a zero-tolerance policy for fake profiles and our Support Team works hard to keep them off the app.
Please help us keep FFWD safe and welcoming by letting us know if you ever see something suspicious! If you come across a profile that you believe is fake, please report the offense via our in-app “Report” feature or contact our Support Team directly and include the following information:
- The exact name, age, bio, and screenshots of the cover photo and Scene (if necessary) that appear on the profile that you’re reporting.
- The location (city, state, country) where the profile was seen.
The more details you can provide, the quicker we’ll be able to locate and remove this profile from FFWD.
Our Support Team will investigate the case and take appropriate action in line with our Community Guidelines.
For more information about how to report a member in the app, please check out our post here.
As in life, consent is mandatory while using FFWD. We have a zero-tolerance policy non-consensual, inappropriate behavior, including any sexually explicit unsolicited photos.
Please help us keep our community self and welcoming by letting us know if you ever see something suspicious! If someone has sent you a lewd photo without your consent, please report the offense via our in-app “Report” feature or contact our Support Team directly and include the following information:
- The exact name, age, bio, and screenshot of the cover photo and Scene (if necessary) that appear on the profile that you’re reporting.
- The location (city, state, country) where the profile was seen.
The more details you can provide, the quicker we’ll be able to locate and remove this profile from the app.
For more information about how to report a member in-app please check out our post here.
We can’t confirm/guarantee that there is a law protecting you against this behavior but we encourage you to reach out to your local law enforcement’s non-emergency line for further assistance.
If you believe that someone else has signed into your FFWD account, there are a few security precautions that we recommend.
If you sign in with your Facebook profile, we recommend that you update your Facebook password immediately.
Additionally, you can log out of any active sessions involving your Facebook profile by following these steps via Facebook.com:
- Go to your Security and Login Settings on Facebook.
- Select Where You're Logged in.
- Select the session you want to edit and click End Activity.
If you sign into FFWD with your phone number, please contact our Support Team directly so that we can assist.
No. Blocking is a permanent action. It’s not possible to unblock them and you won't see their profile again, nor will they see yours. We are unable to unblock a member manually.
No. Unmatching is a permanent action. If you unmatch someone, you won't be able to chat with them, and you won’t be shown to each other again, on the app. That’s why we ask you the reason for unmatching – it gives you a pause to consider whether you really want to unmatch as well as providing us with useful information. We are unable to reconnect a match manually.
Yes. If you've deleted and recreated several FFWD profiles, you’ll still be shown to our members. But members who create multiple accounts in a short time may have fewer matches. This occurs as members are less likely to like a profile, they’ve seen multiple times. Coming across the same profile frequently can cause members to think they are experiencing a technical issue or suspect that your profile may be spam - which often leads to not liking the profile and a negative experience for everyone.
As a reminder, as we state in our Terms & Conditions, we reserve the right at our sole discretion to terminate or suspend any account at any time without liability and without the need to give prior notice.
Safety on FFWD
Your safety and well being is important to us. As if dating already didn't present its challenges, COVID-19 adds another thing to take into account. Here are a few important tips from the World Health Organization to help protect yourself and others:
- Make sure you are comfortable with their vaccination status
- Monitor yourself for any symptoms and confirm that your date has no symptoms (maybe even take a test to put each other at ease)
- Stay informed with updates from national and local authorities
- Follow the advice given by your healthcare provider
Our Community Guidelines were created to ensure that every member of FFWD upholds our values of kindness, respect, and honesty. We also rely on our members to help keep others accountable for violating the Guidelines.
It’s important to exercise good judgment and take safety precautions when meeting new people. Here are a few tips on how to stay safe when connecting on FFWD.
Never share personal information, such as your social security number, pins or passwords, home or work address, or details about your daily routine (e.g., that you go to a certain coffee shop every Thursday morning) with people you meet online. If you wouldn’t share this info with a stranger in real life, it’s probably best to keep it to yourself online.
You control how much info you share but remember that your profile may contain lots of personal information. If the information in your profile could be used to locate you, it might be worth omitting.
If you’re a parent, limit the information that you share about your children on your profile and in early communications. Avoid sharing details such as your children’s names, where they go to school, or their ages or genders
Even after you feel connected to someone, there is never any reason to share your bank information or to transfer money, even if the person claims to be in an emergency or if they claim it’s a money-making opportunity for you. If someone asks for payment information (e.g., bank routing details, mother’s maiden name, credit card numbers), Report them immediately.
Meeting someone new (especially someone with whom you’re connecting) is exciting, but don’t forget to be cautious and use your best judgment. Here are a few tips from our team on how to stay safe when connecting in real life.
Be a Detective
Do a little homework on your potential date before meeting a new person in real life. The web is an important resource but so is your gut. If something is not adding up, try to check it out and if you’re still in doubt, take extra precautions before meeting the person in real life.
Set up a Video Chat or Voice Call
Just because we encourage you to take the Convos off the app, doesn’t mean that you should feel rushed to meet in real life. Take your time and get to know the other person before agreeing to meet. Having video chat or voice call (on or off the app) can be a great way to ensure that you really vibe and that you feel comfortable moving things to an in-person meetup.
In beta, we don’t yet have video calls but we’re working hard to bring it to you very soon. If you don’t want to exchange phone numbers, feel free to set up a call through one of the many chatting platforms like Zoom or Google Hangouts.
Meet in a public place
Your first few meetings should be at a public place — never at your home, your date’s home, or any other private location. If your date pressures you to go to a private location, end the date. Keeping yourself safe is more important than anything else.
Tell someone you trust about your plans
Whether it's your relative, friend, or your roommate, tell someone about your plans, including when and where you’re going and who you’re meeting. If it makes you feel more comfortable, you can even send your person a screenshot of your date's profile for good measure. You can temporarily share your location (iPhone / Android) on your phone with your inner circle.
Be in control of your transportation
We want you to be in control of how you get to and from your date so that you can leave whenever you want. If you’re driving yourself, it’s a good idea to have a backup plan such as a ride-share app or a friend to pick you up.
Know your limits
Be aware of the effects of drugs or alcohol on you specifically — they can impair your judgment and your alertness. If your date tries to pressure you to use drugs or drink more than you’re comfortable with, hold your ground and end the date.
Don’t leave drinks or personal items unattended
Know where your drink comes from and know where it is at all times — only accept drinks poured or served directly from the bartender or server. Many substances that are slipped into drinks to facilitate sexual assault are odorless, colorless, and tasteless. Also, keep your phone, purse, wallet, and anything containing personal information on you always.
If you feel uncomfortable, leave
You should feel free to end the date early if you’re feeling uncomfortable. And if your instincts are telling you something is off or you feel unsafe, ask the bartender or server for help.
Helpful Resources for Support
You’re never in this alone. If something happens on the app, via text, or in person, know that we support you and are here to help. Please contact our Support Team, and reach out to one of the resources below:
CRISIS TEXT LINE
Text HOME to 741741
FBI INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER
Our Support Team works diligently to keep out spam, fake profiles, and anyone who violates our Community Guidelines. We also rely on our members to help us monitor any inappropriate profiles or activity. The best way to bring our attention to an account that sets off any red flags is to use our in-app reporting option. All reports are kept completely confidential, so a reported member will never know who flagged their account.
Here are some examples of violations of our Guidelines:
- Inappropriate profile content (including the cover photo and the Scene)
- Fraudulent or fake profiles
- Request for money or donations
- Underage member
- Harassment, threats, and offensive messages
- Inappropriate or harmful behavior during or after meeting in person
- Spam or solicitation including links to commercial websites or attempts to sell products or services
Be wary of anyone who won’t meet in person or talk on a phone/video call—they may not be who they say they are. If someone is avoiding your questions or pushing for a serious relationship without meeting or getting to know you first — that’s a red flag.
If you ever miss the opportunity to report someone within the app (e.g., because you unmatched with the member or you deleted your account), it’s not too late! You can always make a report via the app. Just access your profile on the top left of the tab bar, tap on “Settings” and select “Contact Us”. Alternatively, you can contact our Support Team. We take every report seriously.
If you’re not sure what you experienced is “worthy” of a report, trust your intuition. If it doesn’t feel right, it’s probably inappropriate. You can anonymously report the conduct to our team and we will investigate and take any appropriate action.
If you’ve a negative experience, please know that it is not your fault and help is available. If you feel you’re in immediate danger or need emergency assistance, call 911 (U.S. or Canada) or your local law enforcement agency.
When used correctly and consistently, condoms can significantly reduce the risk of contracting and passing on sexually transmitted infections (STI’s like HIV). Be aware of STIs like herpes or HPV that can be passed on through skin-to-skin contact. The risk of contracting some STIs can be reduced through vaccination.
Know your status
Not all STIs show symptoms and you don’t want to be uninformed about your status. Stay on top of your health and prevent the spread of STIs by getting tested regularly. Click here to find a clinic near you (US only).
Communication is everything: Before you get physically intimate with a partner, talk about sexual health and STI testing. And be aware — in some places, it’s a crime to knowingly pass on an STI.
All sexual activity must start with consent and should include ongoing check-ins with your partner. Verbal communication can help you and your partner ensure that you respect each other’s boundaries. Consent can be withdrawn at any time, and sex is *never* owed to anyone. Don’t proceed if your partner seems uncomfortable or unsure, or if your partner is unable to consent because of drugs or alcohol.